Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Half Pound Off!

So yesterday I took in 1030 calories and I weighed myself this morning to find that I now weigh 159.5.  I try to weigh myself at the same time everyday and wearing the same thing.  It's easier to see if you are truly losing weight.

My goal is to lose two pounds a week, so a good start with the half pound.  You should not lose more than two pounds a week.  You might be able to lose more pounds the first two weeks, maybe the third as well, but if you are still losing too much weight by the fourth, change something.  Eat more or exercise less.  It's hard on the body to loss so much weight at once and also it will be that much easier to gain it back if you go off track a little.  I try to keep my calorie count at least 1000 since I don't want to lose the weight too fast, I want to keep the weight off for good.

Since my overall goal is to lose 40 pounds and that may seem a lot, but I try to set small goals within it for 10 pounds.  It doesn't seem as bad and once you achieve it, you do another small goal.  I try not to add dates because that can be hard on the mind if you are just 2 pounds away when you come to that date.  It can be discouraging.

Here's what I ate yesterday: at 3:00pm a white chicken Lean Pocket (260 calories), 7:30pm a 2pk of cupcakes (360 calories), 10:20pm brussels sprouts (150 calories), and 11:30pm another Lean Pocket (260 calories).  I had 10 glasses of water and two cans of Cherry Coke Zero, which has no calories in it.  Justin and I walked a mile together at a park, so that probably burned about 100 calories right there.

Today I have 1272 calorie limit and as you can see that's doable for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment